Course Duration: Eight weeks, approximately six hours per week.
Audience: K-12 teachers.
Format: Four two-week web modules.
Module 1: Organizing Content
- Backwards Design Basics
- ADDIE Instructional Design Model
- Other Instructional Design Models
- Choices and Chunking
Module 2: Selecting Content and Assessments
- Open Source Content and Educational Resources
- Online Tools for Collaboration, Presentation, and Assessment
- Assessment Considerations
Module 3: Relationship between Course
Design and Instruction
- Planning Instruction
- Creating Multiple Paths Through Content
- Selecting the Right Tools for the Job – Asynchronous Tools
- Selecting the Right Tools for the Job – Synchronous Tools
Building the Course
- Online Course Formats
- Online Course Structure
- Content Layout
- Course Expectations