Course Duration: Eight weeks, approximately six hours per week.
Audience: K-12 teachers.
Format: Four two-week web modules.
Module 1: Preparing to Teach the Course
- Expectations and Roles
- Security and Legal
- Communication Plan
- Tone and Voice
Module 2: Communicating with Students
- Keep it Positive
- Supporting Statements
- Empathy Statements
- Approval Statements
- Neutral Correction
Module 3: Enriching Online Discussions
- Diagnosing Discussions and Deepening the Dialogue
- Problem Solving Approaches
- Wrapping and Weaving
Module 4: Developing a Learning Community
- Community building: 1st Steps
- Community building: Ongoing
- Collaboration Tools and Tips
- Next Steps