Leading Successful Blended & Online Learning Initiatives
District leaders will experience a fully facilitated, collaborative online course that demonstrates how to design and implement a successful blended and online learning program in K-12 schools. Based on iNACOL standards, this course identifies and answers key questions district leaders must answer throughout every step of a district-wide blended and online learning initiative.
About the Course
- Review prevailing models of blended and online learning.
- Choose a model that best aligns to their district’s needs.
- Identify sources of funding for district-wide initiatives.
- Address unique scheduling, policy, and data collection needs.
- Compare implications of building vs. buying content.
- Evaluate professional development needs and opportunities for educators.
- Implement the six elements of successful blended and online learning:
- District and school leadership
- Professional development
Leading Blended & Online Teachers
This fully facilitated, collaborative course demonstrates how building-level leaders can support blended and online teachers. Participants will learn various blended and online learning models prevalent in today’s schools, key elements to designing and implementing an effective online or blended learning program, and instructional best practices in such settings. As a result, leaders will be prepared to support the ongoing professional development of teachers.
About the Course
- Discuss prevailing models of blended and online learning.
- Compare blended and online teaching to traditional classroom teaching.
- Understand how to evaluate blended and online learning teachers.
- Formulate support strategies and resources for blended and online teachers.
- Create a professional development plan aligned to blended and online learning initiatives.